In Social Studies we have been learning about traditional Maori art, Ta Moko. Ta Moko is the permanent marking of the face and body as traditionally practiced my Maori. The marks in general are spirals drawn with great nicety and even elegance. One side corresponds with the other. The marks on the body resemble foliage in old chased ornaments, convolutions of filigree work, but in these they have such a luxury of forms that of a hundred which at first appeared exactly the same no two were formed alike on close examination.
My Design:
My design is really traditional to the Maori Culture. I just picked designs that I liked and thought looked good.
No comments:
Post a Comment
To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.