Aim: To separate a solute into a solvent in a solution using distillation.
Hypothesis: I think the Coke will turn green.
Equipment: Coke, Conical Flask, Heatproof Mat, A Delivery Tube and Bung, Bunsen Burner, Tripod, Gauze Mat, Retort Stand, Boss Heat and Clamp, Boiling Tube.
Method:
1. Set up equipment as shown in the diagram.
2. Add approximately 50 mL of Coke to your conical flask
3. Light your Bunsen Burner. Open the air hole and gently push the Bunsen Burner under the tripod.
4. Heat the solution until most of the solvent has been evaporated. Turn off Bunsen Burner.
Results/Observations:
I saw the amount of coke slowly go down and drops of water going into the test tube.
Conclusion:
No because it did not turn green.
Discussion:
The coke boiled and caused steam which went through the delivery tube and into the test tube.
Evaluation:
I think it was I wouldn't do anything different next time.
Great work Rykin. Why do you think the coke didn't turn green? what was being condensed in the test tube? Good use of your scientific method headings.
ReplyDelete