Pages

Thursday, 3 May 2018

Flight Aerodynamics

Aim: To look at the 4 main forces of flying and how these can be overcome.

Plane type
How does it behave?
Time ( secs)
Paper sheet, drop

Went from side to side
2.71
Paper with fold down middle, drop

It fell straight down
1.25
Paper with fold and 1 paper clip, drop

It dropped then glided
2.06
Fold, 2 clips, rudder, drop
I dropped straight down

0.90
Fold, 2 clips, rudder throw
It glided and then did a flip

1.85


Findings: 
The fastest was the Fold, 2 clips, rudder drop and the slowest was paper sheet drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.